Monday, August 18, 2008

Not Mrs. Fields?!?

Photobucket

Mollygood reports:

"Mrs. Fields Famous Brands LLC, which serves up fresh-baked cookies and TCBY frozen yogurt at more than 1,200 franchises across the country, is planning to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, according to a regulatory filing."

Some commenters on Dlisted pointed out that Debbi Fields is an anti-choice fundie right-wing type. I had not known this. I'm not a frequent consumer of her cookies, but I have certainly eaten my share of them. I've probably got Neocon fat cells in my arse as I type this! There's something wrong with the world when someone with such heinous views can make such delicious, delicious cookies. Then again, there's something right with the world that even in the second-fattest nation on earth (what's life like up at #1, Australia?), the maker of said delicious cookies can fail on an epic scale after so much success. Perhaps God is no longer pleased by her cookies. God is crazy, dude.

Sigh.

No comments: